Sunday, January 17, 2010

Oh Anonymous...are you really that blind?

I received this comment on a previous post:

Anonymous said...
Wow... it sounds like you blame others a lot for your choices and fit yourself into a victim role just nicely. Do you ever take responsibility?

January 1, 2010 10:53 AM


*shakes head*

Funny that you have to hide behind anonymous but whatever...I get it. But really, if you had read the post prior to this one in which I state: "He has done things, I have done things and our son has been put in the middle on numerous occasions. I have made BIG mistakes and plenty of them."

I know I fucked up and I'm not ashamed to admit it. But I also know I've worked really hard to fix the wrongs that I've done. I fought when I didn't think I had any fight left. And I know there are SOME people out there who don't think I deserve what I have because of the way things played out and the decisions I made when I was younger. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I know this though. Shitty things have happened to me. I know that those shitty things helped lead me down the path to get me to where I am...because without all of this shitty things that happened and shitty things I've done, I wouldn't be where I am and I wouldn't have what I have.

I have a beautiful, loving family that I'm so damned proud of I could just scream it from the rooftops!

I've worked really hard to get where I am and I'll be damned if someone is going to make me feel guilty for accepting all of the gifts I have recieved.

I may have played the victim in the past, but I found when I stopped and owned up to all the shit I needed to take responsibility for? That's when things turned around for me.

Shitty things still happen and I still have to deal with douchebags but I can handle it. I'm stong and I have wonderful support behind me. And all the people who did/do the shitty things don't matter anymore!

I'm a happy, HAPPY girl now...I love my life. I love my family. I love my friends. And I love that I've worked so hard to get past everything so that I CAN love all of that. I love that I'm strong enough to overcome whatever has been thrown at me and continue to get back up and keep living my life and taking care of my family!!!

Peace to you and yours anonymous and thanks for the comment. Helps me reaffirm!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to tell anonymous! Nicely written.

I went back and reread the post with the snarky comment.
I don't get it.
That whole post is about you taking responsibility. Knowing at a young age that you wanted a baby and following through with a plan. Right or wrong, good or bad, you took responsiblity for your life a LOT earlier than most of us do.
"Anonymous" obviously can't grasp that.

P.S. what is great is that you made all your big mistakes before you turned 30 !!!
* I prefer to call them "learning experiences" or I'd have to crawl in a hole and never come out! lol