Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Getting back to basics

In light of an anonymous comment I received yesterday, I feel I should clarify my comment in my last post about the $700 Billion bailout plan.

IT IS NOT A GOOD IDEA.

It is a slap in the face of the working poor who pay taxes out the nose. Exactly how did those big banks and lending companies get in that financial position in the first place??? GREED.

And when I said we are looking at the 2nd coming of the Great Depression, I meant it. EVERYONE is going to have to get back to basics. What I was saying was that SOME PEOPLE are not going to like it. It will be hard for SOME PEOPLE to not have everything they're used to having. Luxuries are commonplace in this society. Some people are used to having what they want when they want it.

I am content in the fact that if this does happen, we will live on next to nothing. I've done it before and I could do it again a million times. This won't be nearly as bad as when I was living on $500 a month as a single pregnant woman 4 years ago. I will bake, cook, sew, read, play games with my kids, teach them how to bake, cook and sew and we will be just fine. We will remember what holidays are all about, family. We will limit holiday gifts because that's not really what it's all about is it?

Back to basics. It's not a bad idea in this greedy world.

2 comments:

This Guy said...

Back to the Basics!! LOVE IT! I think that everyone should get back to the basics, economic downfall or not!!

I agree tho, things arent pretty!
Thats for damn sure.
Makes me want to eat more cake.

Anonymous said...

I love this post. Your positive energy is shining through.

I still look back and see the experiences we've survived. We are living proof that money does not make the world go around. Love, strength, resourcefulness, independence and faith in ourselves is what makes a survivor.

And you my dear, are quite a survivor!