Thursday, November 13, 2008

All around us

In almost every blog I read there are issues with money and the economy. Some of those bloggers are even freelance writers and are having to look for part-time jobs to make ends meet. It's all around us and we're no different.

We've really been struggling to make ends meet and now we're a little worried because it's almost Christmas. For the last 2 years, the boys have had a wonderful Christmas because there have been no money issues, we've had it in abundance. This year, not so much. This year, I am cross-stitching a lot of gifts and even those feel like it's not enough. For the boys, we will be going very easy on presents...it will be a different year from the last 2 that's for sure. I'm thinking we're going to get a board game or 2 and spend a lot of time doing that with the kids so they don't remember how much they DON'T have...we've already warned them that this year will be different and I think they'll be good about it but it still makes me sad that I can't give them everything I want to!

I'm actually kind of hoping to get some work for the holiday season. Just something to get us through Christmas and the new year so we don't fall short. The cleaning thing didn't go very well...last I posted I had to go see a lady and clean for her for an hour or so...O.M.G. Their house was DISGUSTING. I was literally cleaning other people's feces off of toilets and other surfaces in the bathroom. I almost threw up because I'm pregnant and have a weak stomach at the moment...it was bad....so bad that the guy that was renovating their basement asked me to move the van and so I did....all the way back to my driveway. Without saying anything else. I just couldn't do it!! It was HORRIBLE. $15/hour is NOT enough to clean THAT. So, on to something else I guess. I'm still plugging away at PartyLite...not doing too bad but again, the economy is NOT good for people in this business.

If this isn't a depression, whatever you call it, it's friggin depressing to me!!! I know we won't be in this situation forever. Jer's got a great job that guarantee's raises every year (he's an apprentice steamfitter). When the baby comes, he'll have already received a raise and we will also have the child tax benefit we get now raised and we'll be doing fine. But until then, it's a crunch and I think everyone is feeling the effects.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is disgusting about the job, ew,ew,ew!
I agree - definitely not worth any amount of money.
Your top priority right now is to take care of the little Jerry-bean. (haha! get it? -jelly-bean....omg, lame, I know).

We'll get through this, even if we all have to move to a communal farm somewhere and grow our own food and sew our kid's clothes!

*hugs