Tuesday, June 10, 2008

*@$^*%$@

ARE YOU KIDDING??????


*sigh*


So, news on the adoption front.


*I*.....I, have to sign the same consent as bio dad.


But not only do I have to sign this consent, I also have to sign it with a DIFFERENT lawyer than the one I'm ALREADY PAYING FOR.


But not only do I have to sign this consent in front of a different lawyer, I then have to wait 21 DAYS....to give me time to change my mind.....................................................


No, really.


No......really....I'm not kidding.


So, thursday, pick up the paper, go to the legal clinic, hope to God they'll sign with me. If not, find a lawyer and pay anywhere from $150-$200 for a signature. Then, wait the 21 days, go back to the regularly paid lawyer and sign a paper that says I've waited the 21 days and I haven't changed my mind....THEN file it with the court and wait for a judge to look it over and see if there is anything else they want.....at this rate, I expect there will be.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I.cannot.believe.it.

How do you keep your sanity through all this?
Unbelievable.

Ruth said...

How absurd!!! You've been waiting FAR longer than 21 days already if they count from when you first started trying to file this paperwork at the courthouse. It should be fairly obvious you are NOT going to change your mind. Oi vey!!!