Thursday, July 10, 2008

Induction Monday

I was too busy freaking out yesterday to post about my OB appointment.


I'm STILL not ready for labour (according to an internal exam) and my cervix is "not doing anything" apparently.


Yet, still I was scheduled for an induction on Monday morning at 7:30.


There are a few things that concern me with this....




1. http://www.mother-care.ca/bishop.htm Dr.'s use this method to indicate whether induction would be successful or not....


I've highlighted where I think I'm at....so that gives me JUST a score of 5...not entirely favourable for induction....


2. A number of studies have found that induction or acceleration of labour in mothers attempting a vaginal birth after caesarean (VBAC) carries an increased risk of uterine rupture. Other studies found no such link. So, which one should you beleive????


3. If I end up with another section, that will be the way I deliver for the rest of my child-bearing days....that scares the crap out of me. My experience with the twins was not a pleasant one and I don't know why in the world anyone CHOOSES to have a section if it's not medically neccessary.



So anyway, PLEASE send me some "cervical change" vibes lol...I will feel MUCH better about the induction if I have made some progress in that department...ideally I'd LOVE to go into labour on my own before then...but if I have to be induced I'd like it to at least have a fighting chance at being successful.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get Out! Get Out! GET OUT!!!!
lol
xo

Ruth said...

Seems like this little guy doesn't want to come out! I pray you don't need a c-s. (((((hugs))))

This Guy said...

OMG. well, I knitted him a blanket, and got him some toys... He better come out!!! SO help me God if I have to stuff them up your chacha!!

Anonymous said...

And here it is Monday and you're home!, baby is delivered, and it's all good.
Congrats again and kudos to you!
I'll be off line for a few days.
later