Monday, October 15, 2007

Kinda sad news

Well, as you know we're in the middle of cycling for IVF transfer. My intended mother (aka IM) started her medications a few days ago to make her produce a bunch of eggs...only it hasn't really worked all that well. There are only 3 mature follicles, and for those of you that don't know much about cycling, just because there are follicles, doesn't mean there are eggs.

So, it looks like we will be using an egg donor and if that's the case, we are definitely delayed by a month or more :(

I was hoping to be peeing on pregnancy tests in 2.5 weeks! I don't think that will be happening now...IM was going to talk to her husband about what they were going to do, either chance it with her three follicles and get nothing or just wait and use a donor.

At this point I think they will choose a donor...but I'll come and update when I know more!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...that's sad.
So you're not going to be the egg donor, are you?

Unknown said...

No not me...she's been speaking with a donor from Toronto...